Saturday, March 5, 2011

Cameron has Asperger's....

I don't know why I struggle with the above sentence so much...Cameron has Asperger's.  I had a feeling and saw signs way before the diagnosis. I walked into the doctor's office prepared mentally to hear those words come out of his mouth. I had even told myself I would be relieved to hear those words said. Yet, hearing those very words brought me to my knees and put me at the lowest point in my life. I started questioning God, was it because of mistakes I had made in my life that MY son is being punished? God, why MY child?!  We had taken Cameron to the doctor because we had been having so many issues with him. I had been the one who had pushed for us to take him and now I was the one breaking down and not wanting to hear those words. My husband and I love both of our children more than anything on this planet and we had already been through so much, it didn't and at times still doesn't seem fair that our child has Asperger's. But that is why I chose to write this blog, to share my families struggles and our accomplishments. To have an outlet for myself and to hopefully help others who may be going through the same thing and also in hopes that maybe we can help each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment