Monday, January 28, 2013

Getting back to writing....

So I haven't written in almost 2 years...why you ask because I have been going through the motions of life but at the same time living in denial.  I have been an advocate for my son but at the same time have been spiraling downwards inside because I have not talked about all of the issues he's been going through, the melt downs, the outbursts, the struggles. Why you ask? Well because certain people think it's not right to talk about them, you should keep everything quiet. You shouldn't share the struggles, heck sometimes they believe you should even keep quiet on the achievements.  But, that is not who I am.  I am a person who likes to share everything, whether it's good or bad. This is a life that I live, that my son lives and it is something to be proud of no matter what.  Thanks to a friend and her amazing writing and sharing of her two sons lives with Autism, she unknowingly helped me realize that it's ok to share our journeys with our children and that it may even help someone not feel so alone.  So, I am back to writing...I may not be a great writer but I am ready to start sharing Cameron's journey with Autism.

No comments:

Post a Comment