Monday, February 11, 2013

A Case of the Mondays

Oh Monday, you were suppose to be nicer to us than you were! Besides being sick, I think Cam had a case of the Mondays! He was an absolute GROUCH! Nothing Peyton and I said or did today seemed to get him out of his funk either. She tried to play with him and he would just snap at her and I tried to talk to him and well, it either went well or he had a complete melt down. Usually when he's sick it goes one of two ways, he's extremely needy and lovey with me where all he wants is mommy (selfishly I like those days because it doesn't happen very often that he is like that) or he hates the world and everyone in it and it is one meltdown after another. Well, after a weekend of nothing but one meltdown after another I was hoping he would be in a better mood. I mean really kiddo how many meltdowns can one 6 year old have?! Clearly more than I think. So, I tried to leave him alone and just let him watch Disney Jr and Wild Kratts most of the day. Thank goodness for Wild Kratts, it was my life saver today in the midst of a horrible meltdown...over what you ask? I have no clue! I said his name and then he just started crying and screaming and ran off slamming his door to his room. So, in the super mommy that I try to be I went in and asked what was wrong. I got "nothing, my life isn't fair! I am sick and life just isn't fair!" So, nothing is wrong but his life isn't fair. Ok, I'll bite. "Why isn't life fair, Cameron? Is it because you don't feel good?" Well, as I have shared I always have to prepare myself for the unexpected with Cam, so I was waiting for a crazy response. Ya, I got one. "I feel fine, mommy! I am just sick! And I want to watch Wild Kratts and it's not 5:00 yet so it is NOT ON!" Alright kiddo, you're fine but you're sick and you want to watch your favorite show. Super mommy has the secret weapon aka DVR  today and is ready for this one! I tell him to remember that we have them on the DVR AND he has a DVD of them. I am thinking because he's so out of it from not feeling good he has lost totally memory of these facts and he has it stuck in his head that he can only watch them at 5:00, so I will finally get to save the day today. He turns to me, stops screaming and crying and as if his world has just stopped says "but I have already seen those ones mommy and it is not 5:00 yet". Reasoning with him at this point I know is going to get me nowhere, so I just told him I realized that he had seen them and that it wasn't 5:00 but I would be happy to put one of them on for him so he could rest and at 5:00 I would be more than happy the new one on. I knew he was going to agree, there are few times that he will ever say no to Wild Kratts, in fact I can't think of any. It doesn't matter how many times he has watched it, he was just in a grumpy mood so he was going to fight it. Well, the fight was over once he heard the theme song on (which by the way I hear in my head ALL day because we have watched the show 102994950830958 times)  and came, Star Wars blankie in tow to the couch and watched it.

I know he's really not feeling good because after dinner, he headed back to the couch to watch more Wild Kratts and he passed out. This child one, never lays down and two never falls asleep during his favorite show. Peyton thought it was hilarious that he was asleep and decided to take this opportunity to do her gymnastics show for him that he had told her all day he didn't want to see. Asleep he was a great audience for her.

So, tomorrow....lets not have a case of the Tuesdays. I will leave you tonight with what's on my mind......

We're gonna send some animals today with creature power! Gonna go wild wild kratts, gonna go wild kratts! Gonna go wild wild kratts,go go wild wild! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment